The Incentive Research Foundation prioritizes the health and safety of our attendees and the industry at large above all else. We are focused on supporting your businesses and the industry as we experience a time of unprecedented uncertainty.
For COVID-19 information related to the IRF Invitational, please click here.
|General Resources & Information|
We continue to closely monitor updates from local and national public health authorities regarding the ongoing public health concern posed by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). The Incentive Research Foundation is looking to three major organizations to provide guidance on events and activities during this period:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
World Health Organization (WHO)
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
IRF Resources | Research and Education Offerings
- IRF Pulse Survey: COVID-19's Impact on Rewards & Recognition
The impact of COVID-19 on the workforce globally has been significant. Every industry has been forced to make adjustments, whether increasing or decreasing staff, adapting to new work-from-home mandates, or making quick changes in how they deliver their core product. Reward and recognition programs play a vital role in helping to maintain employees’ focus and energy during difficult times. Top performers are being asked to do more, and many employees are being asked to work in stores or other public environments that make them uncomfortable while the risk from COVID-19 remains. Read the full survey results here.
- IRF Webinar: Airlines Panel - Incentives Recovery Takes Flight As travel restrictions begin to ease, incentive planners anticipate air travel being a very different experience than it was before COVID-19. The IRF assembled a panel of airline experts from American Airlines, United Airlines, and Etihad Airways to offer insights into the next phase of airline travel. Find out how planning group travel will change, potential shifts in airline products, what new safety precautions airlines are implementing, and what the new airline passenger experience could be. Click here to access the full recording and resources.
- IRF Pulse Survey: COVID-19's Impact on the Incentive Travel Industry
Over the last few months, the incentive travel industry has endured significant impact from COVID-19. While it is true that every industry, every country, and every individual has been affected by the pandemic, travel and tourism have been especially hard hit. From April 2, 2020 – April 16, 2020 the Incentive Research Foundation fielded a survey. More than 250 incentive providers, both third parties and corporate end users, responded with insights into the disposition of their incentive travel award programs as a result of COVID-19. Overall, the results are encouraging. The data show that organizations value incentive travel award programs, and that budgets for these hard-earned awards are largely being protected. Read the full survey results here.
- COVID-19 and Disruption in the Incentive Travel, Meetings and Events Industry: Adaptation and Recovery
The report reviews threats to running incentive programs, including COVID-19, weather, travel hazards, politics, economic downturns. With a focus on the impact of COVID-19 on the industry, the report provides strategies for business survival and recovery. Read the full report here.
- IRF Webinar: IRF's 2020 Top Performer Study
Find out what top performing companies do differently in incentives and rewards during the IRF 2020 Top Performer Webinar. Stephanie Harris, IRF President, and Rick Garlick, IRF Chief Research Advisor, discuss benchmarks, best practices, and non-cash rewards strategies used by top performing companies. You can access this webinar here.
- IRF Webinar: Rewards & Recognition: Using Your Program to Engage Remote Teams
As COVID-19 forces many workers to work remotely, many organizations are wondering how to help facilitate the shift and keep workers productive and engaged. In this webinar you’ll hear from experts in program design and management on how to maximize the effectiveness of your current reward and recognition programs during this transition. Our Chief Academic Officer will also share study findings on ways to motivate virtual workers. You can access this webinar here.
- The IRF Industry Outlook for 2020: Merchandise, Gift Card and Event Gifting
This research study provides insight into how participants and leadership view reward and recognition programs, including the program measures that are most meaningful. You can access this study here.
Industry Insights | Tips and Information
- Events Industry Council COVID-19 Resource Page
You can access EIC statements, webinars, articles, and resources contributed and curated by events industry experts by clicking here.
- 9 Ways to Motivate Your Remote Team (Infographic)
Find strategies on how to keep remote teams happy and engaged – and how to shift to a very different way of working – by clicking here.
- U.S. Travel Association
Click here to access the U.S. Travel Association's latest news and commentary.
- Incentive Federation
Information about business relief and unemployment provisions provided by George Delta, Esq. - Washington Update: Small Business and Other Relief in the CARES Act of 2020
Due to COVID-19 restrictions and a focus on the health and safety of our attendees, staff, and partners, the IRF has made the difficult decision to cancel the 27th Annual IRF Education Invitational, previously scheduled to take place December 1-4, 2020 at the Hyatt Ziva & Zilara Cap Cana, Dominican Republic.
The 2021 IRF Education Invitational will take place at the JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort on June 2-5.
Find out more at the IRF Education Invitational website.