Get Involved: Become an IRF Trustee
The Incentive Research Foundation (IRF), a private not-for-profit foundation, funds research studies and develops products serving all segments of the global incentive industry. The Foundation focuses its initiatives on pragmatic research highlighting the premise and the power of incentive and motivational programs. Through these efforts, the IRF helps businesses to develop effective motivational and performance improvement strategies.
The IRF Board of Trustees represents the voice of the industry. To ensure that the Board has the vision and the ability to provide the industry with a variety of benefits including opportunities for learning, building relationships, and growing their businesses, it is required that the board collectively possess the following traits and skills:
Diversity | Commitment | Accountability | Respect | Communication | Professionalism | Reputable | Open-Minded | Fiscally Responsible | Management Skills
Click here to access the application.
- Board Chair
- Vice Chair
- Trustee at Large
- Immediate Past Chair of the Board
Each of the following committees will be comprised of a Chair, Vice Chair, and Trustee Members as deemed necessary by the Executive Committee and may also include Consultant and volunteer members.
- IRF Research Committee – The IRF Research Committee works to identify and develop research on trends and topics in the incentives, non-cash awards, and meetings industry that provide impactful insights and useful information to those involved in the development and execution of incentive programs.
- IRF Nominations Committee - Responsible for assuring Trustee continuity and succession by recommending a group of well-qualified candidates for election as Trustees and Officers of the Foundation Board. Also responsible for identifying skills, experience and gaps in the Board, reviewing application and nomination procedures, and supervising the elections in a highly confidential and professional manner. Ensures that all candidates have a thorough grasp of the task and commitment levels involved, and that this is also understood and accepted by the employers of candidates, when appropriate, with written confirmation of company support for candidacy.
- IRF Content and Communications Committee – The IRF Content and Communications Committee works to increase the Foundation’s presence within the incentive travel and meetings industry as well as broaden the reach of IRF research and education to industry veterans and emerging users through strategic education opportunities and other communications channels and works to ensure IRF content is delivered in easy-to-consume forms.
- IRF Events Committee – The IRF Events Committee provides strategic direction in the development of IRF education events including The Annual Education Invitational and the Leadership Insights Forum to enhance the attendee experience, showcase the latest industry trends, and drive event success.
- IRF Sponsor Development Committee – The IRF Sponsor Development Committee works to develop and facilitate opportunities for industry partners to provide funding and resources across IRF events, communication channels such as the website and podcasts, and research to support the IRF’s mission.
Eligibility and Term Length
To be eligible for election to Incentive Research Foundation Board of Trustees you must have;
- At least ten (10) years’ professional experience in the Incentive, Meeting, event, exhibition, and hospitality/tourism management hereinafter called "industry" or Professional Experience in Academia.
- Experience in leading a team
- Global Influence in the MICE Industry
- Willingness to fulfill the obligations of office, in the capacity indicated.
- A history of involvement, accomplishment and dependable service to industry volunteer organizations.
- Be willing to contribute time, energy and creativity to the IRF with the consent of your employer.
We encourage all candidates interested in IRF leadership to complete the online application by clicking here or on the link below.
All applications for candidates interested in servining on the board of trustees for the upcoming term cycle, January 1, 2021-December 31, 2024, must complete their application in full no later than August 1, 2020.